Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What's more annoying than a self-absorbed pregnant woman?

Nothing.

I just saw a report on "belly buds," adhesive earphones pregnant women stick onto their bellies for babies to hear music clearly while in the womb. I'm not sure why, but this really annoyed me. If there's anything I can't stand, it's pregnant women who act like they're the only person in the world who has ever been pregnant, and they do all these self-indulgent things that won't really help their child's development. They act as if all the things they are doing for their pregnancy are going to help their child be better looking or something. Belly buds, prenatal yoga, cloth diapers. GET OVER IT.
You want your kid to be smart? Spend time with your kid once it's outside of your body, and don't dump them off with someone else. You want your child to have tenacity and a strong sense of development, read them a book, or actually talk to them. Playing Mozart to a fetus won't make your kid a genius, or you any more of a pretentious hipster than you already are.

3 comments:

  1. THANK YOU! I couldn't agree more. I'm 39 and my baby was born in 1992. I too am amazed at how self indulgent pregnant women and new moms (especially breast feeding moms!) are now a days. I worked as a cashier, my exercise was walking and I ate what I wanted when I was hungry. I couldn't wait to get back to work after she was born. Believe it or not... my kid isn't stupid! She's attending college and doing quite well! We also watched Power Rangers, Mystery Science Theater 3000, danced to AC/DC and colored a lot when she was little. None of that Baby Mozart/Einstein crap. I don't get it. Oh, and she has GREAT taste in music because of her early exposure to AC/DC! LOL

    I stumbled across your blog by accident the other day and I love it!

    http://iamheidismom.blogspot.com/
    http://kimberlyandvernon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot! I'm the same! I'm a 4.0 college student and my mom gave me fruit loops for breakfast and let me watch beetlejuice until i passed out!! the important thing is she talked to me like a human being, not a dog with down syndrome.
    she wanted to be my MOM and take care of me and nurtured me in every way possible, but she let me be a KID and have FUN! she never forced anything on me and let me become who i wanted to be! sounds like what you did with your kid!! one of the best gifts a mom can give!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With Pixie Tunes hands free ear buds for belly share sounds, voice and play music for baby in womb. The headphones for pregnant belly are the best gifts for mom to be.

    Log on to: - https://pixietunes.com/

    ReplyDelete